IndieBound & Independent Bookshop Week
Independent Bookshop Week (18th to 25th June 2016) is part of the Books Are My Bag
campaign, and seeks to celebrate independent bookshops in the UK and Ireland. We do this with events, celebrations, reading groups, storytelling, author signings, literary lunches and face painting! Your local bookshop will have their own way of celebrating, and we encourage you to visit to celebrate with them.
Check out our Twitter account – @IndieBound_UK – for IBW updates and @booksaremybag for all things IBW and bookshops!
After some social media banners? Click here.
IndieBound is our umbrella independent campaign, where we help promote healthy high streets, shopping local and the benefits that a diverse high street - with a bookshop at its heart of course! - can deliver to a community. IndieBound started in the USA, and is a key part of the activity of the American Booksellers Association - see more at www.indiebound.org
"For me nothing quite beats time spent browsing an independent bookstore, emerging hours later with an unexpected treasure that someone with real passion has pressed into my hands." - S J Watson
“Ernest Hemingway once said “There’s no friend as loyal as a book”. That’s why I say, there’s no greater matchmaker than an independent bookstore.” - Chris Bradford
“Independent bookshops? What a terrifying thought! Go into a bookshop and anything could happen to you. You could be educated, informed, inspired, transformed, terrified, amused ... you might come out a completely different person to the one you went in as. It happened to me. You have been warned.”
- Sally Nicholls
IBW Book Award Shortlisted Titles
Independent Sales Chart
1. Rick Stein's Long Weekends - Stein, Rick
2. Girl on the Train,The - Hawkins, Paula
3. Conclave - Harris, Robert
4. His Bloody Project - Burnet, Graeme Macrae
5. Land Rover:The Story of the Car That Conquered the World - Fogle, Ben
6. SAS:Rogue Heroes - The Authorized Wartime History - Macintyre, Ben
7. Life in Questions,A - Paxman, Jeremy
8. Hag-Seed:The Tempest Retold:Hogarth Shakespeare - Atwood, Margaret
9. Where My Heart Used to Beat - Faulks, Sebastian
10. Racehorse Who Wouldn't Gallop,The - Balding, Clare